Let’s Talk About Adirondack’s SmartScope
Have a passion for hunting, as well as photography? Well, the Adirondack 3-10x 44 SmartScope 30mm rifle scope is just what you’re looking for. SmartScope, the world’s first integrated digital camera riflescope, made its first appearance in the 2003 annual Shot Show, the biggest outdoor industry trade show. A year later, it hit the market selling at the retail price of $1,695 (US). As the years progressed, the price of SmartScope dropped slightly and became more appealing to more hunters in the sportsmen scope market.
What’s So Good About It?
SmartScope allows hunters to capture a crisp and detailed digital image of their target the moment they pull the trigger. It’s automatic and simple. You don’t have to fret again about not packing a digital camera with your hunting gear.
For the times when you don’t see a situation fit to pull the trigger, either because you’re concerned about alerting the nearby game or you want to save your potential kill for later, you can use SmartScope's silent manual shutter to capture the image of your tag even without it batting an eyelash.
SmartScope comes with all the perks. With SmartScope you can download the image onto your computer, email it to your friends, or even print the image on the basic photo editing software that comes with each scope at no extra cost. Images can be easily uploaded from the SmartMedia® memory card to a computer. All SmartScopes come with the following perks listed, and they promise nothing less than perfection.
Smart Scope Optical Specs:
- - Consists of multi-coated lenses for clarity
- - Captures high resolution, detailed images
- - Provides maximum light transmission and low glare
- - Uses a 30mm aluminum alloy tube
- - Features ¼ minute windage/elevation click stops
- - Offers broad field of view (FOV @100 yds: 31.7' at 3X, 11.1' at 10X)
- - Provides generous 3.1" of eye relief
- - Weighs only 24 ounces with batteries
- - Mounts and operates easily
Smart Scope Camera Specs:
- - Holds about 500 images with the 32MB SmartMediaTM memory card
- - Includes SmartMedia Card Reader and Imaging Software
- - Uses 2 AA batteries (batteries last for 4-6 hours if continuously used)
- - Offers one-year limited warranty on electronics
- - Saves images in standard JPG format
SmartMedia is a trademark of Toshiba America, Inc.
About Adirondack the Makers Behind SmartScope
Adirondack Digital Imaging Systems, Inc. manufactures and sells weapons-mounted imaging systems, such as the SmartScope, to the military, law enforcers and sporting markets. Adirondack has a number of patented technologies that serve a range of needs, from aiding in the fight of terrorism to dealing with criminal threats and activities.